Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
Margielyn Didal won another Southeast Asian Games gold medal in the skateboarding evebt at Sigtuna Hall of the Tagaytay International Convention Center. Didal defeated compatriot Christiana Means in the finals to clinch the gold. Means set...
President Rodrigo Duterte signed into law a measure postponing the barangay (village) and Sangguniang Kabataan (youth council) elections scheduled in May 2020. Duterte signed Republic Act (RA) 11462 or the Postponement of the 2020 Barangay and Sangg...
The Sports Industry Awards (SPIA) Asia recognized the Philippine Southeast Asian Games Organizing Committee (Phisgoc) as the best organizer of the SEA Games as the country hosted the world-class opening ceremonies and organized 56 sports compris...
The Bureau of Customs has installed two Portal-type x-ray machines at the Manila International Container Port (MICP). The new Portal x-ray machines will increase the Bureau’s maximum x-ray inspection capacity at MICP with an additional 7,680 c...
The Civil Relations Service – Armed Forces of the Philippines (CRS-AFP) band performed at Wish FM 107.5 Bus in the Lapu-Lapu Grandstand in Camp Aguinaldo on December 2. The CRS-AFP band performed three of its original songs that spoke of ...
Arnis bolstered Team Philippines’ campaign in the 30th Southeast Asian Games. The Filipino arnis warriors copped two more gold medals in the anyo (form) competitions to wrap up their campaign with a total of 14 mints at the end of the mee...