Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
Pasig City Mayor Vico Sotto cited the recent efforts of Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) as one of the reasons that “greatly increased” the volume of vehicles along major and inner roads in the city. “In recent days...
Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte assured that the city-wide clearing of obstructions and illegal structures will be sustained after the 60-day period given by President Rodrigo Duterte. Speaking to reporters before the demolition of the Damayang Lagi ...
Inilibing ang higit kumulang 200 pirasong bungo at buto na natagpuang nakakalat lamang sa loob at labas ng Manila North Cemetery (MNC). Ayon kay MNC Director Yayay Castañeda, natagpuan lang ang mga bungo at buto na nakakalat at tinapon kung s...
The Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) ordered the Navotas City government to clean up Bangkulasi River until the end of the year. The department earlier identified Bangkulasi River as one of the filthy waterways draining into th...
Manila Mayor Isko Moreno asked two companies operating five public markets in the city to pay P25.54 million in unpaid taxes. “Itong companies XRC Mall Developers Inc. and Marketlife Management and Leasing Corporation… sila ay hindi...
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) asked the public to observe discipline as a way of reducing traffic congestion. MMDA Spokesperson Celine Pialago said in a press conference on Wednesday that the public should impose discipli...