Articles worth reading

Navotas convention center starts construction 

account_balanceNavotas access_time4 days ago

The Navotas city government has started constructing the Navotas Convention Center (NCC), Navotas City Mayor Toby Tiangco and Navotas District Representative John Rey Tiangco said in a report by Manila Bulletin. The NCC’s construction is in pa...

DOH registers 32,246 new infections on Jan. 12

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

The Department of Health reported Wednesday 32,246 additional COVID-19 infections, bringing the number of active cases to 208,164, according to a report by Philippine Star. The active case count is the highest so far. In total, the Philippines has ...

Comelec servers allegedly breached

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

Malacañang on Tuesday expressed concern over the reported hacking of the servers of the Commission on Elections (Comelec), according to a report by Philippine News Agency. “We will await any update to be pronounced by Comelec regarding ...

Valenzuela News

Valenzuela City Mayor Rex Gatchalian

Valenzuela mayor opposes opening of theaters

account_balanceValenzuela chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

Valenzuela City Mayor Rex Gatchalian is questioning the decision made by the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) Against Emerging and Infectious Diseases to relax quarantine rules on leisure activities, according to a report by Manila Bulletin.

“Ayaw nga natin silang (mga bata) papasukin ng paaralan, pero hahayaan natin silang pumunta ng arcade? Eh kung ganoon pala, edi papasukin nalang (natin sila) sa paaralan (We don’t want the children to go to school but we will let them go to arcades. If that’s the case, then let’s just open schools),” Gatchalian said Monday over DWIZ, in response to the national government’s move to allow the reopening of arcades.

Gatchalian said he opposed the reopening not only of arcades but also of theaters in Metro Manila as he believed that they could serve as venues for further COVID-19 infection.

“Hindi ako sang-ayon… Una enclosed yung area. Pangalawa, napakatagal noong pelikula, let’s say two hours (I’m not in favor. First, cinemas are enclosed areas. Second, movies run for almost two hours, which are long),” Gatchalian said.

According to the mayor, relaxing the rules on the said leisure activities will only go against the government’s campaign, which is to discourage people from going to crowded and enclosed areas to avoid getting COVID-19.

He added this will also change the orientation of the public that is now already trying to minimize the risk through staying at home.

“Hindi namin ipapatupad ito dahil hindi namin nagugustuhan yung maaring maging outcome (We will not implement it because we might not like its outcome),” Gatchalian said.

Gatchalian called on the public to extend their patience as the “vaccine is coming” already.

date_rangeDate Published
11 months ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

Muntinlupa to regulate movement of unvaccinated individuals 

account_balanceMuntinlupa chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

The Muntinlupa City Council passed an ordinance limiting the mobility of unvaccinated individuals following the consensus of Metro Manila mayors to enforce such restrictions. Majority Floor Leader Coun. Raul Corro said the city council has appr...

Active Covid cases in San Juan hit 1,171 

account_balanceSan Juan chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

The city of San Juan logged 1,171 active coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases, with 180 new cases added on Sunday, Jan. 9, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. The city was already on the brink of the thousandth mark on Saturday, Jan. 8, r...

Taguig restricts movement of unvaccinated individuals

account_balanceTaguig chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

To save lives and livelihood, Taguig's Safe City Task Force will be adopting the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) resolution that limits the movement of unvaccinated individuals, according to a report by Philippine News Agenc...

Pateros Mayor Miguel Ponce III

Pateros reports surge in Covid cases 

account_balancePateros chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

Pateros Mayor Miguel “Ike” Ponce III warned the public of a surge in coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases in the municipality brought about by the highly transmissible Omicron variant, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. From ...

Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
Quezon City adopts no contact apprehension system Red Cross pushes saliva test Vaccines from COVAX to arrive in Q1 Makati Shangri-La to close doors on Feb. 1 Cities in NCR to start vaccination simultaneously Mother, girlfriend of Filipino infected with UK variant also test positive Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature